From Faster Than 20
|40x40px||This is a Work-In-Progress. Feel free to edit!|
Reinforcing and critical feedback. But no feedback sandwich.
People will respond how they respond. Acknowledging emotions.
Separate action (descriptive vs interpretive language) and impact, and use language accordingly. Nonviolent Communication feelings and needs words are useful here.
- Write it down first. Review for language. Get friend or colleague to review.
- Role play and practice
- Ed Batista's Coaching and Feedback Tools for Leaders
- Kim Scott, Radical Candor
- SYPartner's A Practical Guide to Feedback
- Brene Brown's Daring Feedback: The Engaged Feedback Checklist